Friday, August 12, 2011

Time Marches On


In my part of the country, it seems like we are going to dry up, shrivel up and blow away if we don’t get some rain soon. 


And all over America many of us are feeling the crunch of an economy that seems to be drying up, too.  


But time does march on. As the old saying goes, “This too shall pass.”


In the meantime, I am finding that the more time I spend recognizing and being thankful for the good things I’ve been blessed with, it makes the hard stuff just a little easier to bear. 

So, this week – as the clocked ticked, perfect and staccato – I found a few things that gave me some joy. 



 – oh, what a sweet new addiction! It’s a place where you can make several “pinboards” that show collections of things you love. If you haven’t heard of it, or haven’t had a chance to check it out, head on over HERE right now! 



 
An Unfinished Project – I have been working on this beauty for a couple of years off and on, and I am getting the desire to pull it out and {{hopefully}} finish it by the end of this year. 







A Culinary Delight – in a town near where I live, there is a beautiful British café called Friar Tuck’s Pantry. I went on what I call a “God date” (time alone, but not isolated from the world, with God to enjoy His creation while studying His Word and listening). I ordered a Brie & Bacon Sandwich, and it was so yummy – it has this delicious raspberry spread on it, oh my! I paired it with a nice pot of Tropical green tea, and I’m pretty sure I got a glimpse of heaven! 


 Laying a Foundation – for my future. Yes, I’m actually sacrificing time with someone I care for very much in order to do a couple of things I’ve been wanting to do for a while: 






I’m taking a Conversational Spanish class. 








And I’ve finally found a volunteer niche that I believe I will fit in to – a volunteer Financial Coach to low-income individuals/families. And although these two things will be fun and fulfilling, they will both also be great resume builders! A two-for-one deal if there ever was one! 






And last, but certainly not least – no, not at all… 

This? Well, this…it’s just ~WRONG~ on so many levels, but– it just plain made me laugh (and we all need a good laugh every now & then). 




What about you? What have you done for you lately? What things are bringing joy to your world?


You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16: 11

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...