Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chicken on a Chain

Did the title catch your attention?  Good, keep reading...you'll understand later!

This is one of those days when I've really had to search for something to make me smile, much less laugh.  And I WANT to laugh - no I NEED to laugh.  Because quite frankly, if I don't...I'm pretty sure I will cry.  



And not just any kind of cry - the big kind.  Oh, you know it...you've done it.  Your chin starts to quiver and your eyes start to turn red.  Then your bottom lip starts to stick out and before you know it, your whole face is red and swollen and you can't even breathe because of all the *snot* that has accumulated in your head.  

Yep.  





JUST. LIKE. THAT.
(Ok, yeah so that last part might have been
a little T. M. I. - but it's true.)





So, on days like this I need to find things that make me smile and laugh - even if it's just a little.

Here are a few of my favorite things...if you're having one of *those* days, maybe these will make yours a little brighter, too.


Cupcakes!

My Puppy





Sunflowers














Daydreaming of being at the beach










Weird stuff in my city (Austin, TX)
This isn't the clearest picture, but here it is folks...

Chicken on a Chain
Only here in Austin where we "Keep Austin Weird"!


I guess today's blog could be considered FLUFF, but it made me feel better!  What about you?  If you're having a hard time putting a smile on your face, what things might help to bring it back?


Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.”
--Psalm 126:2

2 comments:

Nicole said...

From now on, when I need a really good laugh - I will think of a chicken on a chain!!

Doris said...

Haha, I'm so glad someone else out there found some humor in that! Thanks for coming by...I hope you have a restful night Nicole!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...