Friday, October 22, 2010

As My World Turns

It’s been a rough, rocky week.


Especially after coming home from a weekend that didn’t end quite as I had expected. I thought I would be refreshed and renewed, but instead I am emotionally drained and have more uncertainties than when I left.
It feels a little like this...



As difficult as it has been, though, this week has brought me a few of those little life lessons. Here is my list of things I’ve learned this week:


Sometimes no matter how hard you try,
you will never get it right with some people.
You have to remember that even if THEY don’t know it or act like it,
they aren’t any better than you.

*****

Even though I’ve come a long way over the past year,
I still have miles to go in the self-improvement department.
It’s ok to have a step or two backwards,
just don’t stay there like a deer in headlights or you’re likely to get run over.

*****

After walking through the quiet dimness of an art exhibit,
I remembered how much I like art even though I’m not knowledgeable about it. My current favorite is Pissarro.
This one was my favorite on display.


*****

If you’re praying
and it seems like your prayers aren’t being answered,
remember that Garth Brooks song:
“Sometimes God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.”
Country boy knows a little truth.

*****

Most of the time,
when someone has ticked you off,
they either don’t know it or don’t care.
So all that energy you’re wasting being ticked off?
Don’t bother.

*****

Holding a newborn baby
can cause even the most guarded of hearts to become softer around the edges.
Maybe even in the very middle, too.

*****
 Those are my tidbits for the week.  I am off to Bloggy Boot Camp Saturday! I’m really quite nervous about being in a room full of fabulous, experienced bloggers. But I am hoping to come away from it with tons of new information and maybe even a bloggy friend or two.

Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Leanne said...

Here's sending you positive energy and the hopes for a clearer day. Thinking of you.

Laura said...

Doris - if these are all the things you learned in one week... well... all I can say is that you've learned more in one week then most people learn in their entire lifetime. Truly.

Doris said...

@Leanne - thank you, my friend. I have decided to take tomorrow (Sunday) to rest and take it slow and easy.

@Laura - yes, indeed - I learned ALL that in 5 short days. Now if I can just remember to take my own advice and not let things get to me! haha

Thanks y'all for stopping by. It means so much to me.

Unknown said...

Doris - absolute pleasure meeting you at table #10 - I will never forget your blog name because I can relate - and I just like you came to bloggy boot camp after an especially difficult week (think curled up on the floor of my closet) meeting people like you makes me find my lost smile and gives me that shot in the arm to pull up boots by the straps and get on with things! Here's to celebrating the small victories!

Good Luck!!

Wyletter said...

Doris,
It was a pleasure meeting you at Bloggy Boot Camp Austin. I'm sorry to hear that you were not feeling well on Saturday. I hope that you are better and that you had a restful Sunday. I'm enjoying your blog.

Blessings.

scrapwordsmom said...

Lots of love and energy coming your way, Doris! I love your post. It's so true...we can learn from even the worst situations.

I can't wait to hear about Bootcamp!!!

Leslie

Doris said...

@modchik - aww, I am SO sorry to hear you had a difficult week. I surely do hope that things are better for you now. I think you are amazing and fabulous, and I totally love your photography. Such talent!!!!

@Wyletter - thank you so much. You know, when I was sitting there next to you at lunch, the word that kept rolling around in my head about you is CLASSY. You are such a lady and so very interesting to listen to!

@Leslie - oh girl...it was fun and exhausting all at once! So much information for this newbie to take in...I don't even know where to begin. Good thing is, I'm not a total loss - I DO have some of the "basics" of blogging down pat! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...