Sunday, August 29, 2010

What Big Eyes You Have!


I recently read an article about a new item on the market called Circle Lenses. They are large contact lenses, recently made popular by pop diva Lady Gaga, that give the appearance of having “doe eyes”.   I personally think they are a little freakish looking, and according to this article they pose quite a health risk.






An unknown source once said “Eyes are the window to the soul.”  (Somebody really should have told Little Red Riding Hood - her life could have been a little less traumatic!)


Eyes can express happiness, sadness, anger, pain, joy and a myriad of other emotions, all without anyone having to say a single word. What metaphors/meanings do you associate with the eyes?



And what are your experiences with eye contact? Eye contact plays a large part in communication. Looking someone directly in the eye can encourage trust between individuals, while avoidance of eye contact can make one suspicious of another. Experts are even able to tell if someone is telling the truth or not by watching the person’s eyes.




I also find it a bit intriguing what people – particularly women - will do to bring attention to their eyes. There is no doubt that there are many little tricks that can enhance the natural beauty we each already possess. But I wonder what is trying to be conveyed when certain extremes are displayed. It seems to me there is a definite line between enhancing what you have and trying to hide or completely change what you have in order to be noticed or accepted.






 












What have you done, or how far have you gone, to bring attention to "the windows of your soul?"


2 comments:

Mama Hen said...

Thank you for joining Mama's Little Nestwork! It usually takes me a day to get new members logged in. I am a mom and work on this late at night. I am happy you are a new member! :) Make sure to visit each week and make comments in The Nest. Bloglove! About this post, wow! I am with you on it being a little weird. I do not know why people would play around with their eyes like that. It sounds so dangerous to me. Welcome to the Nestwork!

Mama Hen
www.mamaslittlechick.com
www.mamaslittlenestwork.com

Doris said...

Aww, thank you Mama Hen for posting on my page personally. I was just afraid it was something I did wrong, because I'm not all that computer savvy! You are doing an AMAZING job at this, and I appreciate you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...